They plague street corners, dumpsters, and sometimes even our roadways. What the heck are we talking about? Old mattresses. When you bring home a new mattress you’re excited about the cleanliness and comfort but after ten years or so that mattress will be filled with dead skin cells, mites, and literal pounds of added sweat, dirt, and debris that don’t make for a very restful night’s sleep.
What do you do when you have an old mattress you need to get rid of? You could be a nuisance to your neighborhood and drop it on the street corner, or you could do the right thing and have it picked up by a junk removal service.
When most people think junk-removal they think large-scale spring cleaning, sweeping out an old estate and other large applications, but there’s much more to junk removal than that, they can take care of a whole house, down to a mattress. Let’s review how mattress removal and disposal works with a junk removal service.
Using a Junk Removal Service for Mattress Removal & Disposal
How It Works
- Look up and choose a local and reputable junk removal service that picks up mattresses
- Make a phone call to the service to discuss details of the job. “How many mattresses?” “Size?” “Any history of bedbugs?” You will probably set a date for pickup at this time.
- Prep your home or mattress if you need to per the company’s direction.
- Stay out of the way while the professionals take care of business.
- You’re done!
Benefits of Mattress Pickup Through Junk Removal Service
- Fast. Crews can have many mattresses out of your home in minutes.
- Cheap. The time and effort you save by using a junk removal company are well worth the small cost.
- Easy. All you need to do is make a phone call, no heavy lifting on your end.
- Peace of mind. Knowing that your mattress will end up in a recycling facility instead of a landfill will give you better peace of mind.
If you have old, moldy mattresses, lose them with a junk removal service. One phone call and you can have those mattresses out of your home and out of your life.